- Catapult Health already has strict safety procedures in place to protect our patients, our clients and employees. All members of Catapult’s onsite teams are well-trained on COVID-19 symptoms and are instructed not to come to work if they experience any symptoms.
- We will continue our normal rigorous practices of disinfecting all common-touch surfaces after each checkup and discarding all single use items (apparatus for our finger stick blood draw, etc.) using our hazardous materials disposal protocols.
- Effective immediately, we are now taking each participant’s temperature as a first step in each preventive checkup at a worksite. If a participant’s temperature is 100.4 degrees or higher, the CDC protocol, we will immediately refer them to their PCP for further evaluation or contact urgent care if they do not have a PCP.
- We have taken additional measures due to the COVID-19 crisis and to increase our preparedness, including adding daily leadership meetings and activating a special response team to implement the new temperature screening protocols for patients and employees at all onsite clinics.
- During each checkup, participants will be invited to ask their Catapult Nurse Practitioner questions they have about COVID-19 and how to avoid contracting it.
As you can see from these steps, Catapult Health is thoroughly prepared to help you navigate these uncertain waters. Be assured that our clinical team is closely monitoring daily developments, have stringent protocols in place for the protection and empowerment of your checkup participants, and will adjust our approach as needed to ensure safety for all. As this is a changing situation, we will provide updates as our response to the situation evolves. We encourage individuals to visit the CDC website for more information.
Questions? Email us at support@CatapultHealth.com